- 0.2µm to 6.0µm multispectral transmission
- High hardness, strength, & abrasion resistance
- Large-format size availability
Transparent Spinel ceramic is a revolutionary material that has the optical clarity of glass, a broad spectral transmission range, and the strength, hardness, and durability of a ceramic. This unique combination of properties affords significant enhancements and performance improvements in exceptionally demanding applications such as Transparent Armor and laser-based and imaging-based optical systems. ArmorLine's Armor Grade Spinel replaces conventional materials utilized for Transparent Armor to significantly reduce weight and thickness and improve performance. ArmorLine’s Optical Grade Spinel is a high strength, abrasion resistant, non-birefringent optical material of high refractive index homogeneity with transmission from 0.2µm to 6µm. For the first time ever, transparent Spinel ceramic is available in large-format sizes and production volumes.
- 50% - 60% reductions in weight & thickness
- Improved durability & extended operational lifecycle
- Greater night vision compatibility & situational awareness